The Detroit Pistons announced their schedule and roster for Las Vegas Summer League, which kicks off Sunday. The Pistons will play the Oklahoma City Thunder, Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and LA Lakers plus one additional game during their five-game run in Summer League.
The Pistons also released their official roster, with many names already unearthed via young roster players and announcements from undrafted free agent representatives.
The biggest surprise from the announcement is actually one about height. No. 1 overall pick Cade Cunningham comes in with an official measurement of 6-foot-6 after being touted by Oklahoma State as a 6-foot-8 player. I hope, for the sake of Troy Weaver’s love of measurables, he still has that alleged 7-foot-1 wingspan.
One pleasant surprise about the roster is the inclusion of Tyler Cook, joining Deividas Sirvydis on the team despite both players recently being waived by the Pistons.
The roster will also, of course, include No. 1 overall pick Cade Cunningham and second-round picks Luka Garza and, eventually, Balsa Koprivica once the trade that secured Detroit his draft rights officially goes through.
Fellow second-rounder Isaiah Livers and two-way player Chris Smith along with second-year player Isaiah Stewart will not play because of injury and recovery timelines.
The team will be coached by JD Dubois.
Official Summer League Schedule
Official Summer League Roster
- Saddiq Bey, F, 6-foot-7, Villanova
- Tyler Cook, F, 6-foot-8, Iowa
- Cade Cunningham, G/F, 6-foot-6, OK State
- Sekou Doumbouya, F, 6-foot-9, Guinea
- Blake Francis, G, 6-foot-0, Richmond
- Luka Garza, C, 6-foot-11, Iowa
- Killian Hayes, G, 6-foot-5, France
- Grant Jerrett, F/C, 6-foot-10, Arizona
- Saben Lee, G, 6-foot-2, Vanderbilt
- Spencer Littleson, G, 6-foot-4, Toledo
- Isaiah Livers (OUT), F, 6-foot-7, Michigan
- John Petty Jr., G/F, 6-foot-5, Alabama
- Jamorko Pickett, F, 6-foot-8, Georgetown
- Deividas Sirvydis, G, 6-foot-8, Lithuania
- Chris Smith, F, 6-foot-8, UCLA
- Anthony Tarke, F, 6-foot-6, Coppin State