On The Line
- Host: Cary Junior II
- Producers: Cary Junior II and Darcie Moran, with help from Tad Davis
- Executive producers: Anjanette Delgado, Maryann Struman
- Guests: Free Press Detroit Pistons reporter Omari Sankofa II; Tyrel Kirkham, Detroit Pistons vice president of brand and marketing strategy; Anthony White, artistic director of the Detroit Youth Concert Choir and Performing Arts Company; and Pistons fans
- Theme song: “Fort Trumbull” by DJ LostBoy, Detroit
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On this episode: The Detroit Pistons are feeling a bit more … well, Detroit these days.
The city’s beloved basketball team is doing more than reconnecting after its 2017 return from Auburn Hills. From showcasing local musical talents to investing in Detroit businesses and launching jumbotron spotlights on homegrown swagger – it’s celebrating Black culture.
Host Cary Junior II heads to a game with Free Press Pistons beat writer Omari Sankofa II to get the scoop about what led to this moment.
Plus, Junior talks to Tyrel Kirkham, the team vice president of brand and marketing strategy, about efforts to support the city and the thought process behind the initiative.
Pistons fans also weigh in at halftime, along with Anthony White, the artistic director of a featured Pistons performance group, the Detroit Youth Choir.